Frito-Lay Inc. , the leading US snack food manufacturer, is
seeking a local Fleet Technician on tractors and trailers in Casa
Grande, AZ, and the surrounding area. Technician responsibilities
include preventative maintenance, diagnostics, work order entry,
inventory management, and resolution of driver-reported issues Work
hours will late morning to early evening hours. Candidates must be
self-motivated and dependable. Competitive salary and benefits.
Schedule & Prioritize work
Preventative Maintenance Inspections
Proactive / Follow up repairs
Demand work (VCR’s & Failures)
Examples of daily follow-up / demand work:
U- Joints / Bearings
Steering / Suspension
Starting / Charging
Emissions / Drivability diagnosis
Light Engine repair; Water pumps, Injectors, Fuel Pumps
What We Maintain :
* Volvo, Peterbilt, and Freightliner Diesel and CNG Tractor and 53″ to 57″ Trailers
Job Type: Full-time
Hourly: $30. 73
- 401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
- Diesel engine repair: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
This is an experienced position. Here are our minimum requirements for you to consider prior to filling out our application:
- You are at least 21 years of age or older
- You may be required to work on weekends, holidays as well as off shift
- You can 50 lift pounds or more with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You are able to climb, bend, reach, stoop, kneel, and stretch for extended periods with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You have the ability to work in tight spaces for extended periods with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You will be required to work on/under trucks for an entire shift (8 to 12 hours) with or without a reasonable accommodation
Given the fact that we offer high wages and phenomenal benefits, you
might be wondering what will give you an edge when you apply to
Frito-Lay. Here is an idea of the characteristics our managers look for:
- Safety-Focused: Drivers are counting on your focus on safety which means doing the job correctly and not taking shortcuts.
- Flexibility: Like all Frito-Lay team members, your
work on weekends and holidays helps us maintain our industry dominance.
We place a high premium on teamwork.
- Attention to Detail: We want to avoid breakdowns
and stranded drivers. Your approach to preventative maintenance should
be diligent, even meticulous, when it comes to maintaining our fleet.
- Initiative: You are out in the field by yourself
much of the time. Our best people would put it this way: we need folks
who can show up and work until the job is done.
- Leadership: You will manage situations that might
involve providing instructions to coworkers in the spirit of safety,
efficiency, and cooperation. Frito-Lay leaders will trust you to make
- Tech Savvy: Technology will enable you to quickly
diagnose mechanical problems, and you will also draw upon your computer
skills when installing electronic logging devices such as tablets and
- Teamwork: It’s important that you work well with
others because you will regularly interact with our Regional Drivers,
vendors and other team members.
Does this sound like you?
We hope that you are now envisioning yourself as the newest addition
to our diverse team. There is nothing sweeter than a thankful driver who
is back out on the road delivering quality snacks to our customers as a
direct result of your personal expertise and work ethic.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority /
Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair
Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not
limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 – 4919, commonly
referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter
XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to
as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you’d like
more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law,
please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law
Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement.