Job Title: Business Manager, Operations and Finance
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
Work Schedule: Hybrid
Location: Midland, TX USA
Business Manager, Operations and Finance
NES Fircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil and gas industry. Our client, a fast-growing oil and gas solutions innovator, has a permanent opportunity for an Operations and Finance Business Manager to be based in Midland, TX. Job Overview We are seeking a results-driven and strategic-minded individual to join our team as a Business Manager for Operations and Finance. In this critical role, you will be responsible for overseeing our West Texas operating areas, playing a pivotal role in driving financial success and operational excellence. If you possess strong financial acumen, a deep understanding of drilling operations, and a knack for leadership, this is an opportunity you won’t want to miss.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Lead the coordination of annual and quarterly budgets for operational areas in West Texas, ensuring effective resource distribution.
- Create Capital Budgets, analyze projects, furnish variance reports, and oversee the conclusion of capital projects.
- Collaborate closely with Business Development/Marketing to engage in customer negotiations, set contract pricing, and conduct comprehensive performance evaluations.
- Contribute to the formulation of Key Performance Indicators and strategic objectives, guiding operational efficiency and success.
- Utilize financial and operational reports to pinpoint operational, human resource, and ERP system shortcomings and opportunities, facilitating their resolution.
- Provide clear leadership and direction to functional teams aligned with strategic goals and objectives.
- Authorize customer invoices in compliance with contract terms, encompassing drilling operations, ancillary equipment, and services across multi-state regions.
- Generate detailed analyses encompassing revenue, costs, operations, and forecast data, assessing progression towards department, district, and company goals.
- Drive the inception and execution of ERP systems and the automation of metrics reporting for enhanced efficiency.
- Assist in the development and implementation of organizational policies and procedures.
- Oversee and coordinate compliance with company policies, internal SOX, and Audit controls, ensuring adherence and best practices.
- Foster productive communication and relationships across internal and external departments to bolster business needs and streamline operations.
- Possess a grasp of the business consequences tied to decisions, a commitment to driving profitability.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of drilling operations and equipment.
- Display the capacity to create and deliver comprehensive reports, presentations, procedures.
- Exhibit skill in schedule preparation, project coordination, event management
- Lead and communicate with clarity during interactions with management, subordinates, and external parties.
- Expertly develop and sustain productive working relationships across varying levels.
Highly Desired Characteristics
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration/Management or related discipline.Â
- 3+ years’ experience in a financial support function capacity
- 2+ years’ experience in Oracle or other similar enterprise resource applications.
- Experience with drilling contracts, negotiations, and audit resolution.
- Profit & Loss responsibility / accountability.
- Knowledge of strategic planning, resource allocation, and coordination of people and resources.
- 5+ years of Supervisory/Management experience.
- Maintain advance knowledge of trends affecting the drilling industry in all relevant areas including political and legal.
About our client
Our company continues to grow through a series of successful mergers and acquisitions. Today, our company comprises an impressive collective of top-tier talent, equipment, and technology. As one of the leading oilfield services companies in North America, our success stems from our ready-to-serve culture and commitment to quality and safety.
Why work here
- Opportunity to join an Oil and Gas leader within the Upstream sector.
- Join a company with a mission to create positive changeÂ and innovation.
- Work with like-minded individuals to collaborate on a unified mission.
- Competitive compensation packages, benefits, 401K (further details upon request)
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a fast-growing oilfield solutions leader. The successful applicant will receive a competitive annual compensation package, annual bonus, strong medical benefits, PTO, holidays, and more. Relocation assistance is also available. For more information on this opportunity or others, please contact Keagan Vance.Â
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.