- Line of Business
Equus Job Corps
- Position Type
Equus Job Corps
CAREER COUNSELOR — If you’re motivated to give our clients a more positive quality of life we encourage you to apply today!
- Recruit eligible youth for Job Corps Program
- Conduct outreach activities in communities, agencies, American Job Centers and public events
- Responsible for meeting departmental and center goals and objectives
- Conduct orientation and interview with applicants including parent in case of minors
- Perform applicant files procedures (data entry, scan documents on e- file)
- Participate in departmental meetings
- Coordinate with centers to support applicants in travel arrangements
- Perform Quality Assurance Checks on all applicant files
- Other duties as assigned
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. One or two years of related experience and/or training required.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, business, communications, or closely related field, and 2 years’ related supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
About our Line of Business
Workforce solutions has a deep-rooted history in the federally funded Job Corps program. Young adults ages 16-24 receive job training, academic instruction and important life skills through our Job Corps Center operations that prepare and connect them to a career pathway that is in demand and provides opportunities for advancement. Each Job Corps location is unique, but they all benefit from our Service Delivery Model which includes: innovative training and technology, exceptional customer experiences, superior safety and quality assurance systems, extensive community participation, results-driven performance management, unmatched organizational capacity, and unrivaled subject matter expertise. For more information, visit https://www.equusworks.com.