- Job ID
- Posted Date
7 days ago(9/8/2023 2:29 PM)
If you are searching for a fulfilling place to develop your career and an opportunity to make a difference in helping others, then keep reading on. Here at AAC, we have a progressive culture; we listen to your ideas, value a work/life balance, invest in education, and we foster trust and respect for all individuals. Our exceptional comp and strong benefits include company matching 401K, medical, dental, vision and life insurance. We are looking for our future leaders, who are not only going to fill the qualifications for this job description, but who are going to exceed expectations. Be a part of a team whose mission is to provide quality, compassionate, and innovative care to adults struggling with addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders. Our purpose and passion are to empower patients, their families, and our communities by helping individuals achieve recovery and optimal wellness of the mind, body, and spirit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide intervention, assessments, treatment planning, triage and individual/group counseling.
- Initiate and provide family counseling services.
- Provide clinical services to all patients on caseload and assist when needed with other patients as assigned by clinical manager.
- Provides clinical supervision to assigned interns.
- Participate in weekly treatment team meeting and program staff meetings.
- Ensure that all documentation necessary meet contract, licensure, accreditation and standards for services in a timely manner following the AAC’s documentation policy guidelines.
- Communicate efficiently with other departments to ensure the best care for patient.
- Provide clinical services to outpatient and inpatient adult population.
- Understand and abide by State Department standards, facility accreditation, AAC’s policy and procedures.
- Demonstate dependability and adaptability.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and company information.
- Abide by the standards of HIPAA, 42 CFR Part 2.
- Assists in monitoring and managing patient community as a therapeutic milieu.
- Intervenes in crisis to deescalates situation and resolves crises, using events as entries into therapeutic processes for patient.
- Diagnose substance use disorder and/or other co-occurring psychiatric disorders within scope of practice.
- Unrestricted license to practice in the State of employment ( LPC, LCSW, LMFT, LMHC, etc.).
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a behavioral healthcare field.
- Experience working with substance abuse, addictions, mental health, cognitive behavior treatment and motivational interviewing.
- Knowledge of utilizing electronic health record software and documentation.
- Knowledge of ASAM criteria.
- Counseling experience with adults, an understanding of psychotropic medications and symptoms and effects.
- Ability to read, write and interpret written information, type documentation, present information to groups and participates in meetings.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and flexible hours.
- Valid driver license and insurable driving record (If driving a company vehicle or if driving personal vehicle for company business; refer to Guidelines for Driving Company Vehicles).
AAC is committed to principles of equal opportunities for all employees. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations that are necessary to comply with State and Federal disability discrimination laws
Prolonged sitting at a desk
Must be able to lift 15 pounds at a time
Certifications and Licenses:
Unrestricted license to practice in the State of employment ( LPC, LCSW, LMFT, LMHC, etc.).
American Addiction Centers is an equal opportunity employer. American Addiction Centers prohibits employment practices that discriminate against individuals or groups of employees on the basis of age, color disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other category deemed protected by state and/or federal law.