BlueSky Innovations is a technology company dedicated to delivering products and solutions that close mission-critical capability gaps for the warfighter.
We have earned a reputation as a value-added partner to the DoD (Department of Defense) and 20 of the top 25 defense integrators by consistently delivering innovative solutions that leverage digital engineering, precision manufacturing, and outstanding customer service for over twenty years.
As a small veteran owned defense contractor, BlueSky has delivered over 25,000 systems worldwide to our customers which include all branches of the US (United States) military, 20 of the top 25 US defense integrators, and numerous federal and state agencies.
The Design Engineer will be a member of the BlueSky Innovations Engineering & Technology Team. You will work collaboratively with project teams, subject matter experts, and customers to design and release innovative new products and solutions.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering Technology. Master of Science degree or pursuit of advanced degree is a plus.
- Experience working in an engineering design and precision manufacturing environment, utilizing formalized New Product Introduction (NPI) stage gate process. Experience preparing and presenting formal design reviews and technical information.
- Ability to use Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools to generate solid models, detailed drawings, and digital representations utilizing CREO (preferred) Autodesk Inventor, Siemens NX, Catia, or SolidWorks. Ability to leverage CAD with computational simulation and other digital engineering tools, such as ANSYS, for design guidance and early-stage product validation.
- This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, protected person status, or U.S. Government export authorization is required.
- Experience leading engineering design projects from ideation through to production release. Consistency complete projects on time and within budget while ensuring compliance requirements and elevated levels of quality.
- Perform design validations activities including dimensional tolerance analysis, stress analysis, fluid flow calculations, similarity (to existing qualified design) analysis, Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA), and other analyses.
- Working experience and/or administrative experience with Product Document Management (PDM)/Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems to store and manage the change of digital data. Preferred systems include PTC Windchill PLM (preferred), Autodesk VaultPro or Siemens Teamcenter.
- Experience using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) systems to create material masters, production bill of materials, routers, and other information required to implement designs into manufacturing. Preferred systems include MiSys Manufacturing, MS Dynamics, or similar.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, etc.) Ability to perform technical math calculations and use of quantitative software such as Excel or similar tools.
- High personal accountability, integrity, and dependability. Able to manage time efficiently, and ability to work with minimal supervision. Provide an elevated level of customer focus and genuinely display a positive working attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication of English language, ability to convey technical data and information to technical and non-technical associates.
- Ability to travel for business: 0% – 15% as required for project or other business-related purpose.