Burrow is seeking a Director, Performance Marketing to join our Marketing team. We are continuing a period of rapid product line and category expansion and need someone to lead the evolution of our performance marketing strategy to match our transition to a multi-product company with aggressive growth targets for each individual product category. This must be balanced with the need to achieve efficient growth for the overall business. Reporting to the VP, Marketing, the Director, Performance Marketing will play a pivotal role in advancing our digital marketing strategy and execution.
- Scale paid channels: Lead the strategic scaling and optimization of Paid Search and Paid Social, while efficiently and effectively managing a $20M+ budget to exceed our performance targets.
- Drive marketing innovation: Guide the analysis and optimization of digital marketing channels across our portfolio, including creative testing, landing page optimization, targeting, and bid strategy optimization.
- Analyze and report: Analyze large volumes of data to build and maintain weekly granular performance reporting; draw out concrete insights and communicate these results to non-experts.
- Systems junkie: Expert in Excel, resourceful in mining systems to unearth critical insights, helping us implement our new marketing tech stack.
- Product and market expansion: Develop and roll-out strategy for new product launches, as we continue to expand Burrow throughout the home. Work with the Canadian market lead to roll out marketing support plans.
- Cross-functional collaboration: Partner with digital product, engineering, and creative teams to drive innovation.
- Develop team: Manage and mentor Performance Marketing Manager and Performance Marketing Associate; hire new team members as necessary to support scaling goals.
- Continuous improvement mindset: Always strive to beat benchmarks, pushing Burrow into new frontiers.
- Paid Search and Paid Social expert in the Direct-to-Consumer e-commerce space.
- 8-12 years of experience in data-driven, consumer-focused performance marketing specifically in building multi-channel and cross-channel strategies, particularly Paid Search and Paid Social within agency or pure play e-commerce business.
- Managed an annual performance marketing budget greater than $10M, with responsibility for growing a portfolio of products (not just a single product company).
- Experience operating with in-house execution teams across performance marketing and creative.
- Significant experience successfully marketing high-ticket, highly considered purchases.
- Proactive, entrepreneurial mindset – hard-working, thorough, organized, and motivated self-starter, constantly striving to improve your skills and looking for ways to contribute to the team.
- Experience managing and optimizing e-commerce product catalogs, specifically via Google Performance Max and Meta Dynamic Ads.
- Proven track record of setting and hitting key growth targets (CPA, CAC, ROI, LTV, etc.).
- Comfort conducting content, segmentation, and A/B testing to improve efficiency.
- Extensive experience with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics/GA4, Looker Studio, etc.
You in a nutshell
- Strong cross-functional leader, communicator and collaborator
- Scrappy, action-oriented executioner guided by strategic vision and perception
- Passionate about data and testing to find the right answer
- Uncompromisingly detail-oriented and thorough
- Agile, adaptive team player that feels equally comfortable leading or contributing / supporting
- Appreciate the scale of our mission, and understands that taking on the archaic but massive furniture industry requires an equally high amount of brain force and brute force
- Want to make an immediate and lasting impact at a fast-growing brand, and is ready to dedicate their time, energy, and experience to it
- A startup office inclusive of snacks, happy hours, and pets!
- Comprehensive health insurance with generous employer contributions
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and sick leave
- Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return-to-work program
- Free Burrow sofa (up to $2000 value!) for you + discounts for you and your loved ones
- 401k program
- Commuter benefits
- Annual professional development programs to promote continued education across the team
Salary Range: $120-180K
The offered salary range is based on several factors, including, but not limited to, overall experience, relevant experience, education level, certifications, applicable skills and expertise, and location of the position.
Applicants should be aware that any offer of employment is contingent on providing proof of Covid-19 vaccination prior to starting. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis, in accordance with applicable law. Please note that accommodations for external-facing roles that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable.