Head of Marketing and Communications, Citi Innovation Labs – SVP
Location: New York, NY (hybrid)
Citi Innovation Labs is a global network of innovation centers focused on delivering cutting edge solutions to Citi’s Markets, Securities Services, Treasury & Trade (TTS) and Banking lines of business.
Our Mission is to create a competitive advantage for our clients, manifested as change in the way they operate, by providing innovative technological solutions with strong client engagement, from idea to production, and by leveraging the entrepreneurial spirit and technological excellence fostered in the Innovation Labs.
Our Labs Network is a global organization that spans across New York, Dublin, London, Tel Aviv, Singapore, Shanghai, and various other locations globally. We focus on delivering innovative products using cutting-edge technologies in highly complex architectures and with the highest delivery standards. The Innovation Labs team perform research and implementation in many advanced domains spanning across AI, Machine learning, NLP, Analytics, Blockchain/Distributed Ledger Technology and many more.
We are currently looking for a seasoned Marketing and Communications Lead be part of the Citi Global Innovation Labs management team, reporting to the Global head of Innovation Labs. He/she will drive our Marketing initiatives from strategy to execution for all our labs to build brand awareness by driving internal & external communication efforts to our key audiences, promoting our Labs around the world.
Key objectives of this role:
- Establish our positioning, identify target audiences, and develop marketing plans with specific objectives across different channels
- Manage a global team of marketing and communication leads
- Lead the execution of marketing programs from start to finish, including, but not limited to, client and employees events, marketing assets, social media and public relations initiatives by leveraging internal support and driving collaboration
- Manage marketing budget by working in partnership with our CoS team in reporting forecasts and actuals expenses on a regular basis
- Create and monitor success metrics for all marketing programs
Key daily responsibilities:
- Work alongside our local lab leaders and teams to roll out global and local communications with our clients and employees
- Promote best practice sharing environment leveraging our partners and academy partners
- Work in partnership with the creative team, develop creative briefs and guide creative direction to meet objectives for our communications, including social media opportunities, events and PR
- Manage content and updates for customer and internal touch points
- Support the labs in conveying key messages and engaging internal and external stakeholders through various platforms such as town halls, intranet and e-newsletters, client events, hackathons, etc.
- Present ideas and final deliverables to internal and external teams, and communicate with senior leaders about marketing programs, strategies, and budgets
- Work together with the Global Public Affairs team to monitor media trends and social media dialogue, analyze and make recommendations for action
- Work in partnership with other marketing leads across the organization, to leverage existing assets or build new ones, in order to unite and promote all innovation initiatives within Citi
- Act as a brand guardian for the business and provide branding guideline advice
- Create, document and manage all Innovation Labs Marketing assets
- Prepare reports, briefings and presentations on strategic issues, as appropriate
- Coach, train and develop the marketing team
- Align all communication assets with the Labs’ goals and strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing / Communications with working experience of 12+ years
- Ability to strategize, plan and execute our Marketing vision
- Superior interpersonal and communications skills
- Highly skilled on storytelling to support our communication with different stakeholders
- Ability to work well in a matrixed organization by building and leveraging relationships across the company
- Ability to work with a wide range of partners including business owners, technology, operations, legal & compliance, marketing & digital
- Demonstrated success in managing deliverables within aggressive timeframes and limited resources; ability to cope under time pressure, and work proactively with limited supervision
- Creative thinker
- Proven experience in managing and organizing client events
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, presentation skills and Advanced knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to lead without authority
- Proven Global Management experience
- Very hands-on collaborator
It’s a plus!
- Marketing experience with Innovation labs
- Financial services background (Corporate side)
- Experience working in a global environment
Job Family Group:
Business Analysis / Client Services
New York New York United States
Primary Location Salary Range:
$158,140.00 – $237,200.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting