The Senior Business Control Manager is accountable for management of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Desired candidates for the role possess strong risk management competencies and will need to rapidly develop a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within various functions and how they interact in order to ensure effective risk mitigation. This leader will work alongside Marketing & Franchise Development business leaders, process owners, centralized functions and other key risk partners to ensure effective risk management is embedded in day to day business strategies, and related activities.
- Partner closely with Business Leaders, Process Owners, and 2nd/3rd lines of defense to update and maintain Manager’s Control Assessment (MCA) in compliance with the Citi Operational Risk Policy.
- Independently assesses risks and drive actions to address the root causes, challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Partners with process owners to create strong risk management disciplines, ensuring risks are mitigated with effective controls and monitoring.
- Proactively identify and recommend solutions to address control gaps or control automation 0pportunities by completing end to end process assessments and analyzing performance trends.
- Create awareness of the risk and control environment through continuous communications and routines, including Quarterly and Annual Risk Assessments and Operational Risk Forums.
- Conducts timely follow-up on issues, concerns, and corrective action plans.
- Partners closely with other lines of business, Business Control Teams and risk functions across Citi to identify best practices and champion controls solutions that benefit the broader organization.
- Ensure that emerging risks identified are socialized with key stakeholders timely and mitigation strategies, including compensating controls, are in place.
- Leverage various scorecard, control performance and MCA reporting to identify themes, potential emerging risks and areas requiring improvement.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for all control performance issues that surface.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients, and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing, and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 10+ years of direct, relevant experience in financial services or related field.
- Experience in risk control, process management, reengineering, audit.
- MCA experience required.
- Proven success in operational risk, demonstrating strong judgment, thought leadership, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to clearly articulate a business unit’s function, priorities, controls, and the impact issues have on business.
- Outstanding leadership, influencing, and communication skills as the incumbent will be working with all levels of management (both within and outside of the business).
- Exceptional relationship management skills; must be able to address and resolve conflict while maintaining relationships.
- A passion for process excellence and quality of product.
- Experience with creating and championing change management.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and drive results with a high sense of urgency.
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
Job Family Group:
Compliance and Control
Wilmington Delaware United States
Primary Location Salary Range:
$139,690.00 – $209,530.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting