Division/Unit: Operations Division
Position Title: Operations Analyst
Salary Range: $59,048 – $62,367
The New York County District Attorney’s Office (DANY) has an immediate opening for an Operations Analyst in its Operations Division. In this position the Operations Analyst is responsible for providing high level overall support to the division and the Office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responding to office-issued vehicular accidents: collecting police reports, pictures of damages received on vehicle(s), repair estimates, creating and or responding to insurance claims.
- Responsible for maintaining all DANY vehicle registration: monthly submissions of registration paperwork for expiring registrations, new registrations of undercover vehicles, etc.
- Handling all processes of moving and parking violations, and EZ Pass violations occurring with regard to DANY fleet.
- Processing the disposal of vehicles and office equipment once items have been replaced after outliving their useful life cycle.
- Maintaining building services and repairs.
- Assigning wireless devices to new hires, as well as troubleshooting and or replacing broken or lost devices.
- Auditing monthly invoices for wireless services, internet services and vehicle repairs for any discrepancies
- Assignment of keys to offices and cabinets to DANY staff.
- Maintaining copies of keys for all offices, file cabinets and main bureau doors.
- Coordinating consultants assigned to projects and DCAS for 40 Worth ID cards: ensuring consultants fill out the proper paperwork and follow up on the removal on consultants that leave.
- Coordinating all business card requests; ordering business cards for legal staff by providing proofs for approval before submitting for final print and distribution of business cards once final print is received.
- Maintaining all office signage at One Hogan Place, 80 Centre Street, and all DANY satellite locations.
- Maintain all office and telephone directories at One Hogan Place and 80 Centre Street.
- Handle signage for new hires, relocations, and separations of DANY staff.
- Maintaining and updating access database of new data received for keys, wireless devices, vehicles, violations, and placards
- Serve as backup when anyone is out in Operations Central and perform related administrative and clerical duties as needed.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and two years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties described above; or
- High school graduation or equivalent and six years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties as described above; or
- Education and/or experience which is equivalent to “1” or “2” above. However, all candidates must have at least one year of experience as described in “1” above.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access. Ability to collect, edit and interpret data in existing databases.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workflow.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple short-term projects.
- Ability to follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Process an analytical mind and inclination for problem solving.
- Strong attention to detail and high concern for data accuracy.
- Dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with staff in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be able to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and able to multi-task.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and consultants.
- One (1) year commitment to the hiring division.
How to Apply:
- Apply with a Cover Letter and Resume.
- Current office employees: To be eligible for a transfer or promotion, staff must have already served at least 1 year in their current position and be in good standing. In addition, must meet the minimum qualifications of the position.
- Authorization to work in the United States is required for this position.
- As a current or prospective employee of the City of New York, you may be eligible for federal loan forgiveness programs and state repayment assistance programs. Please review the notice to see if you may be eligible for programs and how to apply at nyc.gov/studentloans .
The New York County District Attorney’s Office is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual’s sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.About Us
The New York County District Attorney’s Office serves and protects the People of New York through the fair administration of justice, without fear or favor. The Office’s professional staff perform a variety of key functions, including supporting the Trial, Investigation, and Appeals Divisions, as well as other prosecution support and office functions. Our support staff receive a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, as well as unparalleled opportunities for professional development.
The New York County District Attorney’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and culturally responsive workforce. Given the diverse nature of our community, the ability to work with people of different backgrounds is critical. The Office seeks to have a staff that reflects the diversity of the community that we serve. To that end, all applicants will be considered without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, age, prior record of arrest; or any other basis prohibited by law. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs.About the Team
The Professional Staff Recruitment Team at DANY supports the Office’s initiatives to have a staff that reflects the diversity of the community that we serve. We seek employees that are interested in a career in the public sector and will support the Office’s initiative of Moving Justice Forward.
For questions or inquiries, please contact Recruitment@dany.nyc.gov.