As we expand the depth and breadth of our impact, we are in search of a Director of Operations who can manage internal operations, build sustainable infrastructure for future growth, as well as partner with the senior leadership team in strategic implementation and decision making.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this is a tremendous opportunity for an experienced operations leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact nonprofit organization! The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative contributor, equally comfortable leading and developing an internal team and managing external consultants to support the following areas: finance, business planning and budgeting, human resources, office administration, and IT.
Operations and Organizational Health
1. Work with the Executive Director & COO to maintain the overall health of the organization with a future-focused perspective through the creation and management of dashboards, goal tracking, and project management.
2. Assist with administrative or operational support for organization-wide activities, including programs and fundraising events.
People, Finance & Technology
1. Manage all aspects of bookkeeping and financial reporting, including budget development and management, accounts payable/receivable, expense reimbursement and the annual financial audit.
2. Act as the point person for outsourced HR functions to ensure that the organization has the benefits it needs to properly support the team and implement enhancements for scalability.
3. Serve as the internal HR manager to guide employees toward the resources they need to succeed, including employee and volunteer onboarding and off-boarding.
4. Maintain up to date and complete personnel files that meet legal, auditing and funder requirements and manage relationships with outside consultants, vendors, and advisors.
5. Work across the organization to meet communications, operations and office technology needs; manage technology hardware, shared server and filing systems, and administer software (e.g. Microsoft 365 Suite, Quickbooks, Salesforce).
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or a related field.
- 7 to 10 years of professional experience; ideally 6+ years focused in operations or HR leadership roles.
- Ability to work cross-functionally within an organization to set and achieve collective goals.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, and superb organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated financial operations experience, including budgeting, financial data and audit ownership, for either a division or significant program area in the non-profit sector.
- High level of sensitivity to people leadership outside of formal reporting lines and the ability to advise others who are in a people management role.
- Experience managing the people and systems in an HR function.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, accountability, and dedication to the mission of Play Rugby USA.
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary range for this role is $80,000-$85,000 annually
- Benefits include: employer-supported health insurance (medical, dental, vision), 12 paid holidays per year, and generous PTO
- Play Rugby offers a flexible/hybrid working environment, with employees expected to be in-person in our midtown Manhattan office 3 days per week
Play Rugby is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.