Who We Are
Comp Sci High is a new charter high school serving the South Bronx that opened in August of 2018.
Our founding team came together to start CSH because we believe that students in the Bronx can and will join the next generation of programmers, tech entrepreneurs, computer scientists, and overall become leading professionals with tech skills for any industry. We wanted to build a new kind of high school–a high school that truly prepares kids for their lives after graduation. We also wanted to build a community of adults with strong connections to each other, to kids and families, and to the Bronx community.
We are looking for an inspiring, talented, visionary, and educator to join our amazing team, help us continue to build our school, and, one day, lead one of the city’s best and most innovative high schools.
To ensure every student graduates with a college acceptance letter, high tech skills, real work experience, and a robust plan to turn those opportunities into a successful career where they will achieve the median income of the U.S. by the age of 25.
Our Values and Beliefs
At CSH, we value diverse views and ideas. But, we believe that every adult in our community needs to share a core set of values and beliefs in order to give our students and families the school they deserve.
What Our Operations Manager Will Do
Mission: As an Operations Manager at Comp Sci High, you will be part of a team that delivers operational excellence and is committed to supporting a learning environment that is immaculate, beautiful, and promotes high levels of learning. Our Operations Team is a solutions and results-oriented and collaborative team of professionals.
Job Description: Our Operations Manager needs to be truly dedicated to our mission who will go above and beyond the requirements of the job to be an innovative and strategic problem solver, with a growth mindset who seeks to understand and meet the needs of our school community, while supporting the professional culture and traditions of Comp Sci High.
Key responsibilities of the Operations Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Director of Operations in coordinating all student recruitment and enrollment events (eg; Open House, High School Fairs, School Tours, Enrollment Day)
- Support with student lottery and waitlist, as well as the overall enrollment process
- Support and manage the outreach to families to assist with enrollment and re-enrollment
- Assist with the managing of SIS integration across all school platforms
- Manage and maintain all physical and electronic student files
- Demonstrate a mission-first mindset to ensure all decisions and actions are rooted in ensuring that all students excel;
- Assist with managing procurement
- Collaborate with Director of Operations to manage the logistics, planning, and implementing of team-wide events including but not limited to team building, student events, and org-wide occasions
- Proficient in Google Suite platform, specifically Drive, Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Forms, and Slides
- Coordinate and assist with the planning and execution of senior events
- Manage tasks associated with emergency preparedness (i.e.; updating emergency clipboard and evacuation routes, and understanding all emergency protocols and be a content expert for staff
- Establish and maintain successful relationships with all members of the school community, to include students, family, staff, vendors, and partners
- Support the development and implementation of school-wide systems and procedures that ensure operational excellence within the school
- Support the Director of Operations in identifying areas for improvement and help to continually improve school operations systems and procedures
- Support with special projects as needed, and serve as point person for all special projects
- Assist with office reception activities, such as answering phones, electronic communication, sorting mail and greeting visitors
- Excel in verbal and written communication skills, tactfully responding to all communications and remaining diplomatic in all interactions
- Support with arrival and departure, as well as lunch duties
- Conduct physical walkthroughs of facilities to ensure we are maintaining a high level of aesthetics in the building that created a welcoming environment for students, families and staff
- Serve as liaison between DOE custodial staff to ensure that classrooms and building spaces are maintained at a high standard
Operations Teams’ hours will be 7:30-5:00 daily with flexibility, as there are some Saturday duties. You may elect to lead an after-school extra-curricular club or coach a sport for an additional stipend.
Pay And Benefits
Start Date: Immediate start
Salary: $60,000 – $80,000. We offer very competitive benefits, commensurate with experience, and great opportunities for professional and career development.
Who We’re Looking For
With Those Things In Mind, We Are Looking For Teachers
We believe students succeed when adults build a close, collaborative community and strive relentlessly for excellence. We are also building a new school.
- who strive for excellence–who constantly push themselves, their colleagues, their school leaders, and their students to be better;
- who love to build community with students, families, and colleagues;
- who see and respect BIPOC students, different cultures, and kids from the Bronx;
- who are willing to learn and grow from students, staff, managers, and coaches;
- who are excited by the idea of founding something new and innovative; and
- who want to grow and develop in their careers;
- who collaborate with faculty, students, and parents to build an innovative, exciting, and effective school model that achieves our mission and impacts education reform nationwide;
- who want to see Black and Brown communities thrive;
- who thinks out of the box to problem solve;
- who often find themselves frustrated by the stagnate progression of POC;
- who believes in dismantling systems of oppression and rebuilding systems of equity;
- who possess an entrepreneurial or founder’s mentality;
- who understand Black and Brown + Bronx Culture;
- who understand the job market to make recommendations to students on their academic and career journey;
- who is excited to assist students in navigating life on campus or in their career of choice; and
- who is personable; someone students can relate and confine in.
- Must speak fluent Spanish, French is a plus;
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate records;
- Possess the ability to work with a diverse student body;
- A demonstrated commitment to working with teens.
Submit a resume and cover letter detailing your experience and interest in our work to www.compscihigh.org/join.
PLEASE NOTE: This is for an immediate start.
Comp Sci High is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from all backgrounds.