If you are looking for a game-changing career, working for one of the world’s leading financial institutions, you’ve come to the right place.
As a Principal Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase in Securities and Services within Corporate & Investment Bank Technology, you provide expertise and engineering excellence as an integral part of an agile team to enhance, build, and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. Leverage your advanced technical capabilities and collaborate with colleagues across the organization to drive best-in-class outcomes across various technologies to support one or more of the firm’s portfolios.
- Manage the tech teams
- Manage data lake house -> across different database technologies such as Snowflake, postgress, Databricks etc.
- Manage data management platform
- Responsible for managing onboarding process for feeds across vendors.
- Creates complex and scalable coding frameworks using appropriate software design frameworks
- Develops secure and high-quality production code, and reviews and debugs code written by others
- Advises cross-functional teams on technological matters within your domain of expertise
- Serves as the function’s go-to subject matter expert
- Contributes to the development of technical methods in specialized fields in line with the latest product development methodologies
- Creates durable, reusable software frameworks that are leveraged across teams and functions
- Influences leaders and senior stakeholders across business, product, and technology teams
Champions the firm’s culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and 7+ years applied experience
- Practical experience delivering system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Expert in one or more programming language(s) like in Java, python and various database technologies
- Advanced knowledge of software application development and technical processes with considerable in-depth knowledge in one or more technical disciplines (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.)
- Experience applying expertise and new methods to determine solutions for complex technology problems across various technical disciplines
- Extensive practical cloud native experience
- Expertise in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical field
- Data Architecture skills
- Exposure to data science, AI/ML and model development
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Strong hands-on working experience on core Java or PySpark
- Data engineering or ETL data pipeline development
- Database management experience – Data concepts
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents and perspectives that they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. (If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability and wish to request an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us by calling the Accessibility Line (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690 and indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.)
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, we offer discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of firm performance and individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Veterans
New York,NY $194,750.00 – $285,000.00 / year