Award-winning PR & Digital Media Agency is seeking a full-time Vice President of Digital Marketing with 7-10 (or more) years of experience at a digital marketing, advertising and/or PR agency or client-side marketing/advertising/digital/social media department for our home office in Addison to lead organic social and paid media efforts for our food & beverage and restaurant industry clients. We offer career growth, competitive pay, excellent benefits (including hybrid work schedule) and a fast-paced yet fun, team-oriented environment.
This is a new leadership position within the agency.
Our new Vice President of Digital Marketing will lead the paid media and organic social departments and collaborate closely with clients, company leadership and other team members.
- Lead the organic social and digital marketing departments – inspire them, provide needed tools and training, remove roadblocks, and help ensure their success;
- Lead a team of digital marketers to execute paid media and programmatic campaigns, monitor performance, and optimize campaigns based on data-driven insights;
- Critique, conduct reviews and performance evaluations of digital and social team members to ensure that effective, efficient and profitable staff operations are maintained;
- Work closely with Directors and Supervisors to provide mentorship and guidance to the team;
- Serve as the point of escalation for internal and external requests from the digital, social and brand teams when necessary;
- Develop and implement digital marketing strategies to drive user acquisition, lead generation and retention across all paid media channels for our clients;
- Oversee the development and execution of client paid media campaigns, including display, search, social, and programmatic advertising, to drive efficient and effective user acquisition;
- Develop and execute organic social media strategies for clients that engage and retain users, drive brand awareness and increase social media presence;
- Seek out and work with team to identify the development and documentation of social and paid media best practices to improve operational efficiencies;
- Stay apprised of new technologies and trends and have a keen understanding of the social landscape to incorporate into media-driven solutions and business-building ideas for clients;
- Deliver well-versed suggestions to drive strategic and tactical recommendations for branded content based on industry trends, as well as first and third-party data;
- Oversee the management of the social media and digital marketing budgets to ensure every dollar is being used to maximum effectiveness, and recommend proper budget allocations to drive even better outcomes;
- Bring a unique, creative vision, strong editorial voice, and deep passion for social media and identifying new sources of content/talent as well as new formats for storytelling;
- Lead forward-thinking digital marketing and social media initiatives for clients, ensuring team is incorporating and executing creativity and innovation into media plans;
- Work cross-agency with other department leads and participate in holistic planning sessions to ensure multi-service strategies are cohesive and integrated and align with overarching client strategy and approach;
- Engage in collaborative planning with digital and social team members to ensure holistic strategic approach;
- Steward client interest in the areas of tracking and delivering measurable social results and analytics, market knowledge, and audience insights; and,
- Provide an understanding of how content frameworks and product narratives support recommendations for best practices in content strategy.
- A college degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related discipline;
- 7-10+ years of experience in digital marketing at an agency and/or client-side, with a primary focus on paid media and organic social (restaurant, CPG and/or food and beverage industries are a huge plus);
- A team player who operates within our Core Values, including ‘One Champion’: individual wins are team wins, and individual losses are team losses;
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication and collaboration skills;
- Is energetic, organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams under limited supervision;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing successful social media and digital marketing strategies that drive user acquisition, engagement and retention;
- Strong analytical skills and experience using data to inform decision-making;
- Strong understanding of the digital media landscape and emerging trends and technologies;
- Excellent leadership skills and experience managing and mentoring a team of digital and social marketers; and,
- Ability to work within a hybrid schedule – two days from home and three days at our office in Addison.