WinField United Marketing Internships – Summer 2024
When you intern at Land O’Lakes, you’re joining a Fortune 250 agribusiness and food production leader with more than 100 years of operations as a farmer- and member-owned cooperative. With business units spanning crop insight and inputs, animal nutrition, dairy foods, and sustainability solutions, you will experience a hands-on, purpose-driven internship. You’ll have opportunities to network with industry leaders, tour our state-of-the-art facilities, and be challenged with a business-critical project, all while gaining skills that will impact your career trajectory.
WinField United offers unmatched agricultural expertise to help farmers, retailers, and other partners succeed. As a customer-owned wholesale supplier of crop protection inputs, seed, and crop nutrients with a commitment to shaping the future of farming, we are uniquely positioned to help retailers and farmers implement modern farming practices …. To grow more food with fewer inputs …. To be even better stewards of precious land and water resources …. To always be mindful of the next generation of farmers.
Launch your career with one of the nation’s most well-known cooperatives: Apply for a WinField internship today!
We have openings for Marketing Interns this summer in the following areas: Business Operations, Sales Enablement, and Crop Protection Marketing.
BUSINESS OPERATIONS (positions within Customer Support and Business Data). These are located in Arden Hills, MN.
- Customer Support Intern: Supporting the customer and business needs of Winfield United through people, process, and tech, this role will take in a business problem, define an approach, network to identify the solution, and deliver the solution. Preferred skills and experiences include Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Power BI, Project Management, Business Process Mapping.
- Business Data Intern: This team works directly with retail-owners to improve data quality/data health for transactional (point of sale) data. This role will work to understand the retailer’s current data and data management practices, identify opportunity for improvement, and explore how to resource and implement changes at retail in the pursuit of data standardization. Some of the day-to-day tasks may include, but are not limited, to:
- Working with broader team to understand trends in retail data health and behavior as well as data-needs/goals for WFU, retailer, and co-op system.
- Creating clear documentation (ex: process maps, templates, etc.).
Types of tools used include Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Power BI.
SALES ENABLEMENT (Located in Arden Hills, MN)
- This is a strategic and creative role focused on equipping sales teams with marketing content, guidance, and training so that they can work more efficiently with retail owners, sellers, and growers. You will support and align with WinField United’s Wildly Important Goals of doubling seed and growing Hero Products and new innovations 10% through creating marketing content and reports . This opportunity allows you to work with a broad scope of talent across WinField United including sales, marketing, pricing, and agronomy , giving them visibility into many different roles and opportunities for their future. Preferred skills and experience includ es basic agronomy understanding, sales, program management , PowerPoint, and Excel.
CROP PROTECTION MARKETING (Located in Arden Hills, MN)
- Focus on utilizing our pricing, profitability, and transactional data to develop insights for Winfield United, retail owners and manufacturing partners. These insights include supply chain savings, favorable product mix, new service revenue and cross-sell opportunities. You will work with cross-functional business partners in our Supply Chain, Operations, Procurement, IT, Finance and Sales organizations. You will partner 30-40% of their time with our Data Science team, which will lead the efforts in data modeling. You will use tools which include Microsoft Excel (required experience), Microsoft Power BI, SQL queries (no experience required).
Interns are paid $21 an hour. Relocation and a housing stipend are covered by Land O’Lakes.
Required qualifications for all positions above:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in agriculture business, agriculture marketing, agriculture communications, agronomy, marketing, or other related field of study.
- Possess a valid driver’s license; have and maintain a satisfactory driving record (for Sales Interns)
- Sophomore or junior (preferred) standing in college
- Required GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Able to work extended hours during peak busy seasons and willing to work outside in changing weather conditions.
Preferred qualifications for all positions above:
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Excellent communication, writing, and critical thinking skills.
- Manage time and effectively prioritize and implement projects and general work tasks.
- Give and receive feedback, work collaboratively, exhibit effective social and interpersonal skills.
- Resourceful and innovative in finding solutions to problems.
- Flexible and can adapt to changing business surroundings.
- Ability to adhere to strict safety standards when handling crop protection products in lab and field settings, if applicable.
About Land O’Lakes, Inc.
Join us and be part of a Fortune 250, farmer- and member-owned cooperative that is reimagining the business of food. We have been named a Top Workplace by Indeed and LinkedIn, and to the TIME 100 Most Influential Companies list.
We provide a broad portfolio of benefits to keep you and your family at your best. Land O’Lakes is Where Your Future Takes Root.
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.